Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
MN
City
St. Paul
I'm posting this on behalf of my mom, who's not able to type any more.

She wanted to know if anyone else has had difficulty with opening their eyes in the morning. She said it's not like you've got "sleep" in your eyes, but simply opening them. She isn't taking any morphine or anything.

Oddly, for the last year, her tears burn her eyes. The hospice folks say they're not sure why that is. (You should see her try to navigate the power chair with her eyes squeezed from the burning!) I don' t think these things are related.

So, there's the question: Anyone find it difficult to physically get the eyelids up in the morning?

Thanks!
Kaija

I have difficulty from time to time. Your Mom describes it perfectly. It is not like the lids are encrusted. More like the muscles won't work right away. I saw that Quadbliss has his wife soak his eyelids with warm cloths for a few minutes to help with this problem.

Thanks!

This is great. I don't think "happy" is the right word, but I think she'll be pleased to know that she's not alone in the burning eye/slow to open eye category!

It sounds like what was going on in the other thread is exactly what she's describes. I'll try the warm wash cloth idea in the mornings (something MORE to add to the routine!:-D).

Can't wait to let her know she's not bonkers!

Kaija

No Honey, your mom is not bonkers. I too have issues with my eyes. My lids are droupy. My daughter is a tech for a eye clinic and she says they can cut out the excess and that will help it. I am going in to see if it will be covered under my medical insurance. We all know about insurance. Take care, Rhonda

Yeah... sometimes my mum could only get one eye open. Sometimes she would blink for so long that I thought she had fallen asleep. My mum complained often of burning eyes. There is a form of dandruff that can appear on the upper eyelid.. and there is a prescription cream that can help with this.. also, natural tears helps with the dry, itchy eyes. I highly recommend bathing the eyes with a warm facecloth several times a day if possible.

paula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back