Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for information. I'll just have to hold tight and wait to get through my appointments. Whatever I have though is changing fast.. in the last 2 days I have been getting cramps now in calves, arms, and feet and now my voice is getting horse. I'll check back in after the MRI.

I have spent some time reading through all the information and have a couple more questions.

When someones first sytotom is cramping do the cramps only happen in the original spot where it starts or is anywhere in the body? I am now wondering if those pains had were cramps.

Myrtle, before this rambles onto a third page,

You have heard from extremely knowledgeable members.

As you wrote above...

"Thank you for information. I'll just have to hold tight and wait to get through my appointments."

Please do just that.

Just got my results from my MRI and everything came back clean. Now I just have to wait to find out when my appointment will be scheduled with the neurologist.

I have finally gotten a neurologist referal and will be going in on September 24. All of my current symptoms still persist and I am getting really weak

I have also been experiencing new symptoms over the last month...
Very sensitive to sudden noise or sudden touch... Makes me jump out of my chair?
Also I typically run really hot but I have been very cold lately which is weird since it's middle of summer?

Thanks

You're stressed.
Possibly caught a germ due to reduced immune system due to stress, above.

No ALS.

Still waiting on neurologist appointment but recieved some blood test back today and my sedementation rate spiked. Since April I have had this test run at least 5 times and it has been an high as 10 and as low as 4 which was my text about a month ago.

My test that came back on Friday was at 38 and it's supposed to be between 0-15. Any feedback on how this might relate to ALS?

I would go to a Rheumatologist. It's more likely to be related to an autoimmune disease. You said your uric acid was high. Did they rule out gout? Did they discuss fibromyalgia? Fibro has a host of symptoms and you have many of them.

There is nothing in any of your posts that makes me believe you have ALS or any other neurological disease.

I will say, from personal experience, that if you worry about your health, you will discover new symptoms and it might even throw off your brain chemistry causing extreme anxiety and even depression. Once you get into this cycle, pain becomes more intense, you get sensitive to sensory symptoms such as light, and all kinds of other things.

Please stop worrying about ALS.

I went and saw a Rheumatologist about a week ago and he suggested that I go and see a neurologist. At this point I am 10 days away from my neurology appointment and my problems keep mounting.
-constant ringing in right ear
-muscle weakness in forearms, neck, thighs, calves, left bicep but not right bicep.
-still startled by pretty much anything
- regained appetite and have put back on 15 of the 30 pounds I lost
-muscle deteriorating most noticeable in forearms and left bicep
-swallowing issue has gone away but I'm losing voice strength but not clarity.
-while everything I do is much harder and have very little strength I still have use of everything.

Hoping to get good news from neurologist on the 24th

You’re seeing a neurologist in under two weeks. Great! We’ve told you previously we don’t think you have ALS, and I’m sure that’s what the neurologist will tell you as well.

We look forward to hearing from you AFTER you see the neurologist. If you keep asking us questions prior to that appointment, then you’re essentially asking us to babysit your fears. We’re not set up to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back