Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Highland
A Troll found my inbox...meh...tired of hearing their constantly changing story. Why does she thinK i want to hear the whole thing again in my inbox? Wish there was a block button or something...:?

I don't know if this will work, but:

You will have to have their profile location first in order to add it to the window that will pop up. Go to their profile and copy the link, then go to user cp, settings and options, edit ignore. Paste the url. You now are ignoring them.

Perfect! It worked. Thanks so much...try to avoid to answer the constant trolls in the threads but when they come to your inbox...well that is just too much. :razz:
Thanks again!

The ignore button is great, then people change there identity and pop back:) oh what fun. Kell, I can guess who's annoying you and I think that person has about 3 identities. True troll

Well, responding I was done to their posts doesn't work either--as that just gets one told off for being a troll-feeder. I didn't REPLY to her damn thread til after 3 or 4PMs.

It's hard not to respond to them Patty Pie. You're all right in my book!

I guess the main question is, what kind of sick person keeps coming on this site doing this? I had to laugh when I saw the second series of posts, supposedly from NY, yet had the same style of writing and misspellings as the first set. Nincompoops! And I only say that because they're probably too dumb to know what that means anyway.

On another note, I just saw a beautiful cardinal fly by my window, and I just got back from a nice brunch with my usually busy daughter. Life is good! :)

Yes, in spite of all the boobs in the world and all the problems, life truly is good. ;)

Can't win for losing some days. Deleted my post to the lady from Croatia or wherever when someone was kind enough to PM and tell me their new post was from that user. Replied to the other one pointing out her inconsistencies when PM's started and was told I'm the worst troll feeder.

I'm nice, it's wrong. I'm not nice, it's wrong. Hence, the new signature. #1 Troll Feeder. Someone pointed out to me once here that sometimes a reply is more for the next poster than the one it was posted to--which made a lot of sense to me and changed the tone of my posting months ago.

Perhaps others could consider that before insulting folks.

Well, I think SOMEONE has to feed those %(&* trolls! They're like seagulls at the beach, or worse yet, at the Walmart parking lot: flying rats!

Just can't figure out what's in it for them to begin with? It's like on Craigslist when I advertised a room for rent, and a couple of people sent me obvious (to any literate person I guess) scam responses. I also saved a former roommate from the "I have an inheritence check from Kenya" scam a few years ago... luckily for her we were talking before she went to the bank with the scam check, and went to the police station instead.

Patty, I agree I am a troll feeder as well...guilty as charged. But I do try and look out for the repeaters. Esp. this one who I even tried to help out before---under the other alias-- through private message but she just doesn't listen anymore..and I frankly don't have the energy to reply.

While going into that section I guage my mood this way: I read the thread. I consider a response. I look at my mood. If my response is too curt because I am not in a good mood that day or just mean I don't write and will come back another day if it pops back up. If it never does again, I consider a sign that I wasn't supposed to answer that person because where I am at that moment, is not a good enough state to be helpful to the person.

I think if we all try our best to just state it simply but also in a kind way...(ie I always wish them good luck) it makes it better somehow I think to show that you at least cared and took the time to respond to their post. But I also have a new rule too...if there are more than 3 posts that say 'why aren't you listening?" I just don't post. They haven't gotten it by then, they never will. And I don't need to add a 4th post stating so. :)

Dear Not Me,

Please don't feel bad about anything you've posted in the past....you are absolutely NOT a troll feeder (despite the fact that I laughed my butt off when I saw your post about being the#1 troll feeder). You apparently have been blessed with a beautiful spirt and caring heart....you are trying to alleviate concerns where you can. I on the other hand try not to respond because I usually have a snarky attitude (or "mood") as Kmendsley more eloquently stated earlier. I never cease to be amazed at some of the posts by individuals that seem to want this nasty disease. I wish some of these Dips could walk in the shoes of the PALS and CALS who have received a "real" diagnosis. I wonder if they could actually experience some of the concern, anguish and/or grief that such a diagnosis brings they would back off and quit with their outlandish attention-getting antics. Take care!

Ruth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back