Loved one DX
Country
Aus
State
WA
City
Ballajura
Has anyone here heard of Tristem?

They claim to use a new process of 'retrodifferentiation' to convert a patients own blood cells into stem cells, which can then treat several diseases, including ALS.

I'm should I be sceptical or hopeful?

Skeptical...stem cells are undifferentiated cells and this sounds iffy. Check on ALS Untangled web site...these professionals are doing a wonderful job unmasking the charlatans...and there are a bunch. There are real stem cell trials going on in the US at Emory in Georgia and some international ones. We can be hopeful but informed.

I think that Israel has some studies underway. I think Teva is the company involved. I don't believe anything like this has been approved for market yet. Check out ALS Untangled and the scam watch here on the forums.

Check out Hadassah University Medical Center..................... The NurOwn™ technology....

sounds exciting, but how the hell can we take part in this trial or a similar one?... unfortunately we can't wait with this disease!

I sent ALS Untangled a request to look into Tristem a while back but no news as yet (that I'm aware of). I'll check out those other trials!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back