Tripped once, fasciculations every day and weakness…

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT86

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
NO
Hello everyone on this wonderful forum, i have the most respect for every Member suffering from als, or those who care for someone whitht the desease.
My story begun when i tripped in the stairs outside my home with my 3 month old child in my hands. This was 1 year ago, and after that i have experienced fasciculations in my calfs and thighs for 6 months, and more sporadicaly in the lower abdomen and scrotch.
The last few months, my calfes, and thighs, have Been really thight all the time, and those muscles gets really fast exhausted. Have a neuro appointment the upcoming monday.

Tripping a year ago and fascics/fatigue since, doesn't sound like ALS. So I expect your appointment to be reassuring in that regard. Try not to worry.

ALS is progressive failures. Tripping once and then having twitches doesn't sound at all like ALS. If you had progressed to being unable to walk a year later, that would be expected.

I hope your appointment sheds so light on what is going on. Congratulations on your baby!

Just a little update. Went to the neuro yesterday, as the original appointment was postponed. The neuro did a complete clinical examination, and her findings were:

-increased muscle Tone affecting all four limbs.
-reflexes: patellar 1+,1+, achilles 1+,1+
-no atrophy seen, but slim leg muscles.
-possible weakness in left leg, unsure.

The neuro has ordered mri of head and spine

At first the neuro suspected CMT, but could not add that up with the increased Tone.

Last edited by a moderator:
The increased muscle tone could account for your muscles feeling stiff but the normal reflexes argues against PLS.

I'm glad you're under a doctor's care. Try not to worry or Google symptoms. Just roll with the doctor.

Best wishes getting to the bottom of all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back