PALS
Country
US
State
MN
City
Owatonna
Hey there!

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I had to tell you all about the trip my family took with my sister and her husband. We flew out to San Francisco and then drove north to see the redwoods. It was wonderful!

My sister has been diagnosed for a little over a year now. She took her walking stick, her walker, and her push wheelchair to California and used all three. On very short walking trips through the redwoods she would sometimes use her stick or her walker. This left her awfully tired, so the last couple days we mostly pushed her in her chair. We also spent some time at the beach...used a beach wheelchair...worked like a charm! :) If you've never seen one, you should "google" it. They have big inflated tires that ride on top of the sand. It took a fair amount of effort to push it (not so much that it was impossible or anything...but more effort than pushing on concrete)...but it made it possible for Kathy to go out onto the beach and enjoy the beautiful day.

I just had to share. You all have been so helpful to me this last year! Thanks for being there!

Marcia

Sounds like a vacation you and your family will never forget! I'm so happy for the joy it brought to you and I hope you many more. Leslie

That is wonderful! Bless you for doing this for Kathy and I am glad you enjoyed your time.
Aren't the redwoods wonderful?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back