Diagnosis
1/2017
Country
US
State
Michigan
City
Northern
I have been using my Trilogy at night for 1.5 years and for the past 6 months appropriately 6-8 hours during the day. Lately I have been having issues, usually in the morning, where I struggle with exhaling. The Trilogy is ramped up with strong inhalation breathes and I tend to take in 5 or 6 breathes before I groan and force out a long exhale, if that makes sense. My wife would calm me down and eventually my breathing gets back under control.

To be honest, I know very little about what the setting options are on the Trilogy. I don't believe the settings have been changed since I have received it, or if they should be as I progress. A RT comes to the house every few months, gives us supplies, checks the machine and I believe replaces the memory card to get my information, but I don't think she has ever changed settings. This exhaling strangeness may be anxiety and nothing to do with the Trilogy settings???

Thanks for any advice.

Call that RT and describe what you are experiencing. Ask about adjustments. They won't change settings until something changes. It sounds like that may be happening.

Hi, Bob, I'd be happy to help you adjust your settings, as have for many here. It does sound like they could use some updating. I'll PM you. EDIT: I can't actually PM you right now, due to a glitch in the new software.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
Thank you Nuts and Laurie for responding. I remember seeing posts in the past that discussed Trilogy settings. I really didn't pay attention to them at the time. I tried a search, wanting educate myself, but came up with nothing. I will talk to RT tomorrow and see if she has any suggestions.

I have used the Trilogy for four years and in my experience the RT will not adjust the settings without doctor's orders. Do you have a sleep doc or pulmonologist you could contact? Or could you get a referral? I see a sleep doc in my ALS clinic and we always review and discuss my settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back