Tremors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mike (Atsugi) and everyone,

I haven't posted in a while (sorry!)....

Wanted to respond that I also have very severe RLS. My symptoms are mainly in my arms; although I still have it in my legs occasionally, having that same sensation in the arms is just as dreadful. When I first starting having RLS symptoms (they started in my legs), I would walk figure 8's all through the night. I can recall being dead on my feet, but I could not stop walking because of the restlessness. RLS is a horrible condition, Mike. I really do feel for you -- and I hope you are able to keep your sx. under relatively good control.

Mine come and go -- when I get symptomatic, however, RLS keeps me awake all night. At times, I even get it between my shoulder blades and my neck (yes, the sensation is exactly as it was in my legs; weird, I know, but people do get it in their arms....and even in their abdominal muscles - which I cannot imagine).

I'm on ropinirole 2 mg bid. That's the max dose - although I've frequently taken another 2 mg out of sheer desperation. :)

Mike, you should try low-dose opiates. They really do work in many cases. I don't like taking them, but they DO help to keep sx. in better control!

Mike

Thanks, Mike. It's good to hear someone else has the exact same experience.

At age 25, my girlfriend told me I kicked her at night. By 28 I was pacing the floors all night long. In the service I would complain to the docs, but their first question was, "does alcohol affect it?" That is, of course, a career-ending question. They always just said there's no treatment. I had a LOT of sleepless nights.

When I retired from service, the first civilian doctor gave me klonopin, which seemed to work. A few years later, a neurologist gave me Pramipexole, which works GREAT. I also tried Gabapentin, which didn't help at all.

If I forget my meds, the evening is torture trying to keep the creepy crawlies away. Laying in bed, my whole body will suddenly catapult itself in all directions.

Thanks for popping up, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back