Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
City
el paso
Hello all, I have been browsing the site for a few months now and would like to throw out my syptoms and worries and see what the 'experts' have to say.

I am 32 yo male very fit and active, active duty military. approx 3 - 4 months ago I started getting twitches in my right hand just on my pinky and ring finger as time progressed 1-2 weeks I began getting muscle twitches all over but primarily in my legs and arms. The past 2 months I began having tremors consistently in my right arm from my shoulder all the way to my fingertips. The tremors don't go away like the twitching and if I wasn't so aware of my syptoms I would probably just say I have a shaky arm. What really has me concerned in all this is that my right forearm and right pec seem to have some muscle reshaping. My pec is probably a third smaller than me other pec and my arm seems to have a small dent in the top of the forearm where the 2 muscles pass each other half way up the forearm. When I wake or throughout the day it almost feels as if that arm is slightly asleep.

Question 1. Am I just being paranoid?
Question 2. Does muscle wasting / atrophy happen that fast (3-4 months).

I have looked at past pics of myself and there is definitly something different with the pec and arm. However I still seem to have full strength in that arm and continue to workout and run daily.

By the way I also read somewhere that certain shots (anthrax) can not help this, I've had 6 anthrax shots in the last year as I am activated to iraq.

Thanks for all your time on this and I really pray that you all have a peace with you as you go through this.

Sorry about your symptoms... Are the tremors there even at rest or is it when you try to do something with the arm. Does that arm feel weak.

tremors

THe tremors are always there as a matter of fact if I sleep on my arm when I awake I feel them trembling on my head. If I look at my tricep closely I can see the tremors just shaking away in the muscle. I have a sence of weakness in this arm because it almost feels asleep however I can still do 60 pushups, pullups etc.
thanks for the reply

I'm not a dr but if the tremor is always there and you have no real weakness it does NOT sound like ALS.
When you say the arm feels asleep, do you mean like a pins and needles sensation.
But I would definately see a nuero. Those atharax shots could have definately triggered something in your
CNS.

tremors

crystalkk, I really appreciate your responses, the more I read the more firghtening this can be. My arm never really has pins and needles it is more like if I make a fist with both hands the right (affected) had feels 'funny' yes thats a medical term:-D almost as if I had laid on it and it fell asleep it is still 100 percent usable though. Does muscle atrophy / wasting usually happen quickly (months) or does it take years to see a difference.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back