Diagnosis
12/2006
Country
US
State
CA
City
Yucca Valley
Has anyone heard of positive treatment using magnetic therapy? I have PLS in the bulbar region only. A couple of people have mentioned this therapy to me.
Would appreciate any insight.

Hi Judith-the only thing I can say is be careful of the cost. If you think it will help relieve your symptoms and can afford whatever they charge then give it a go. If you are hoping for a cure hold tight. No cure has been discovered yet but reputable hospitals and universities are making progress. If you want to contact one of the major studies to see if they are still accepting patients you might start with a search of past threads on this forum.

Sorry things do not look more hopeful. Regards, Cindy

Not having seen any information on the particular " therapy " they would use makes it difficult to give a subjective opinion but there are a lot of people out there with wacky treatments that desperate individuals pay a lot of money for and get ripped off. Personally I'd stay away from it unless you have lots of money to toss away. If it really worked don't you think all the good hospitals would use it to make more money?
AL.

Hi Judith,

I just want to reinforce what Cindy and Al have said. There are many treatments and cures you can read about on the internet, but just because they are there does not mean they work.

It's very sad to say there are many people out there who will take advantage of the one's of us who have ALS offering false hope, just to make a dollar.

Time spent on the search icon above with words like, cure, cures, treatment, stem cell, etc might give you a better idea of the scams that have been used over the years.

I wish you the best.

God Bless
Capt AL

Thank you all for your input. I welcome all info I can get.
Seems like magnetic therapy is used quite a bit in Russia and Europe.
I will be cautious though.
I'm not desperate, because I know my life is in the hands of my Soverign Lord Jesus Christ. :-D
Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back