Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
ca
City
portola valley
Has anyone found anything that helps with cramps? Bev

Quinine works wonders! If you can't get it then drink tonic water as it contains Quinine.

My husband has been taking a med called Baclofen and says that it helps with muscle cramps in his legs.

My leg cramps went away after I substantially increase intake of liquids.

GNC stores sell a supplement with Quinine called Leg Cramps. Never tried it myself but for 7 bucks it's worth a try.

AL.

Hi Bev,
A few things can help. A bit of exercise before bed can help if you're up to it, keeping your legs warm and not letting them get chilled, magnesium works for some (buy it over the counter), tonic water helps some. But if they don't respond to those things, seeing your doctor and asking for something like Zanaflex or Baclofen. If you take one of the drugs for spasm, start off slowly as they can be quite sedating. I have MS and use Zanaflex 4 mg., but I will take half a pill i.e.2mg. and then the other half if that doesn't settle the spasms. I don't like the drugged dopey feeling. And I think the increasing fluids advice is very good.
Laurel

Beverly,

My husband has been taking Lithium. If he stops, his cramping is terrible, especially in his throat. He takes 900mg a day.

Quinine was the only think that helped my mam, they had to be prescribed here. She likes the odd drink so on her doctors advice, she started drinking, Vodka and tonic water (contains quinine) dont know if it was the vodka or the quinine but it worked! She slept much better at night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back