Diagnosis
4/2020
Country
US
State
MI
City
Ann Arbor
My wife is still using a walker for short trips. So we packed that along with her power wheelchair for a socially distant snowbirding in New Mexico. We took her Trilogy NIV, the cough assist, and a raised toilet seat. When we arrived, we were able to reconfigure things so that she could sit-stand from the couch, move around with the rollator, and get to the dining table. We bought a shower bench. The challenge was the bed. It was half the height of our home frame. After a week of using the gait belt to get up from the bed, my wife had a brainwave. I used to use bed blocks to tilt the bed to help with acid reflux. Why not use those to increase the height. Luckily bed bath and beyond has 7 inch bed risers that make up the difference! Works perfectly. The next challenge is dealing with the water reservoir for the NIV running dry in the middle of the night.

lgelb

Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
There are some tips for the Trilogy humidifer in this thread, though not all of them will apply to a temporary home. In particular, I'd clean anything you can clean, tweak the humidification settings, and try to adjust the temp/humidification in the room to better match up.

Stay safe and have a good time.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
Well done, have a great time together!

Jrzygrl

Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
US
State
NJ
City
X
Good for you, John! I hope you and your wife have a wonderful winter break!

Nuts

Extremely helpful member
Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
Good for you! Enjoy your trip--and keep thinking creatively!