Diagnosis
4/2020
Country
US
State
MI
City
Ann Arbor
We are doing the reverse drive from New Mexico back to Ann Arbor. As we were leaving the walker was less useful. She had a couple falls. We used the chair outside the apartment all the time.

Toward the end of February we started to have problems with bathrooms. She could do her own chair to toilet transfers at the beginning of February. Now I have to use a transfer belt for that. Even the raised toilet seat isn’t enough.

On the trip out she could ride in the front seat after transferring from the chair. On the return trip it meant too many transfers per day, so she rode in the back in her chair. :-(

The changes to raise the sofa and bed height are no longer a guarantee of being able to transfer to the wheelchair on her own.

Hilton Garden Inn is the answer for well designed rooms and roll-in showers.

I'm so glad you went, and you worked through each change, even the ones that suck the most.

My heart aches for you that you are both dealing with these rapid changes. I know you are a consummate problem solver and a "get 'er done" kind of person - but, I know it gets tedious and frustrating when we have to keep solving slightly different versions of the same problem…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back