Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
wv.
City
renick
just got approved by va for a van to transport me around in my chair. any suggestions on what type of rig i should be looking for. i am thinking a sprinter 2005 model and put a lift in it. i don't plan to drive it my cals will. what all do you folks have? i always hated looking for vehicles so any help will be great. thanks chally hope this is in the right thread ;)

We found that the Honda Odyssey with Braun conversion was the only one that gave enough headroom on entry for my wife on a PerMobil 300. We used the ramp on the side.

The automatic lock in feature was priceless.

You have to drive slowly over speed bumps.

we had to get a toyota for my height in m300

Love our Toyota sienna.

My Suggestions...

Blog2-300x198.jpg

b66f593da27d529190155a4f30ffedc8.jpg

Wonder if I could do that to my bimmer?

Vince

We have the Honda Odyssey with the Braun side entry conversion and it works fine for us. Oh heck, it's a blessing!

I love the space in my Sprinter. The big windows allow me to see out, something our previous Ford vans didn't. Also the driver is up high enough to have a much better view of traffic. Turning radius is better than our old Ford. No floor lowering or roof raising , a big expense. No ducking to get in through the side door with a lift. Passenger seating for 3 still in place. Downsides: short people may have a little difficulty getting in to the front seats if they are elderly. And it is a truck so it does ride rougher than a car.

thanks all! my road IS one big speed bump! out looking. chally

i wish i knew before this. no va here. i would like to have a 62 chevy step in van like the one in, up in smoke. the things i could do with it.but im happy with the 92 dodge b250 my son got me. with the bar, tv, crazy driver im good

Wonder if I could do that to my bimmer?

Vince

Let me know if you find something. We've got a triple black e30 Convertible that it would kill me to no longer be able to use.

Yup. I bought a 2005 black/black 330i ZHP when my wife and I became empty nesters! Has over 126,000 miles now but I sure do enjoy still driving it. Not gonna think about when I can't anymore :)

Vince

Hubby's 06 BMW Z4 is sitting in the garage and he hasn't been able to bring himself to part with it. I think he's given up on the idea of having me try to lower him into it with the Hoyer (thank heavens), but the emotional atachment is strong.

> but the emotional atachment is strong
That's why my middle son has my Harley. 8^)

my 53 newyurker with a big block sc hemi is setting to see what the boys are going do with it. it's a bummer i wish i could of sold now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back