Diagnosis
11/2018
Country
US
State
MA
City
North Falmouth
My mom is looking at a TransferMaster bed and trying to figure out the pros and cons of the mattresses. They offer a more standard foam/ memory foam mattress, but also offer a CFT pressure relief therapeutic mattress. Mom is very petite and still able to move around a bit. She can flip over in bed from side to side while on her stomach, but this seems to be getting more difficult by the day.

She's hesitant to get an adjustable (hospital looking) bed, but these seem like a good option and you can purchase a headboard separately. They also are high enough to allow for a hoyer lift when the time comes. She also is hesitant to get a twin, but I'm trying to talk her into it to make trnasfers and caregiving easier. It also allows her to access equipment on both sides of the bed while she still has function in her arms.

Any suggestions, thoughts, comments are appreciated.

I would recommend that you see about a hospital bed. I hesitated for so long but it has been a tremendous blessing! It was approved by my ALS doctor so it was completely covered by insurance. It came with a mattress that is designed to help me not get pressure sores. The company sent a gentleman to set it all up for me and it has a nice brown headboard and footboard. I have been pleasantly surprised! ;) I will be praying for you both! This has been a tough journey but God has been working on our behalf to take care of us. I am sending you big hugs! :)

I agree, I have a hospital bed supplied by the ALS society free of charge and find it very good and easy for the PSW to get me in and out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back