Tracking Thread on Pennicillin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elo

Can someone tell me how to track a thread I sent out on neurologist suggesting Pennicillin, found it a few days ago, but is not there now, could it be deleted, thanks. How do I know that something will be deleted? thanks for your help. Elo

Hi Elo. If you click on your name and see your profile there is a spot Find all posts by Elo or Find Threads started by Elo. I recall the post as well. If someone posts advertising in your thread it may get deleted. Usually when a whole thread is deleted there is a message saying why it was deleted. I didn't delete anything in there but David has the ultimate authority and he may have taken it out for some reason that I'm unaware of. If everyone read the rules for posting we probably wouldn't have these problems. This is the second one in 3 days. Sorry for the inconvenience. AL.

Hi Al, thanks for your prompt reply. I tried what you said but didn't find it. I guess someone deleted it. I didn't think anyone was advertising anything in that thread, if these trials are suggested by a doctor, I didn't think that would be advertising.

My husband wouldn't try anything without first checking it out with his neurologist and I would presume other people would do the same thing. It would be nice that before something is deleted, one would be notified as to why. Just my thoughts, Elo

Hi Elo. Were there any links to online pharmacies in it? Usually I would just delete the link and leave the rest. If David removes a whole thread he usually leaves a message saying why it was deleted. As for notifying someone of a delete a lot of people that post links here drop them in and never come back to check. They don't check their Private Messages either.
I deleted some posts today that if I had entered into a dialogue with the person that posted them it could have taken 1 or more days to talk to them and I was not prepared to leave the messages up for that long. They needed to go now, not later. Hopefully most of the people here will trust our judgement. Some occasionally will be upset but that is not our intent. AL.

Last edited:
Hi Al, there were no links to on-line pharmacies. There were 2 people who mentioned some trials with minocycline and celebrex; also COQ10, Vita E and Vita C, were mentioned but these are also mentioned on other threads. Thought I would check out this thread again today and it was gone, it was there yesterday. I understand if the postings are very old, guess in future I better make a note of the info because the thread may just disappear. Thanks again, on a whole everyone on this site has been very helpful to the questions re ALS.

Sorry but we have absolutely no idea where it went. Cyber pirates? Is there such a thing? I don't know what to say. Sorry.

Expect threads and posts to disappear, it's unfortunate that good posts and helpful threads will get lost in the mix, but it's for the best.

A little "cyber pirating" is required :)

For more information please read my "<a href=https://www.alsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1321>Where did my post go</a>" post - it has all the information about why posts/threads are periodically removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back