Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Grp,

Just testing ... looks like my posts are not showing up on the forum. So just trying a short one ...

\rajiv

Sorry rajiv, We are still learning our forum's new inner workings. I got clearance today to moderate using teh new system and, as you can see, I did my job so well that your post showed up twice! :-D Things will go much smoother from now on out, I assure you. Thank goodness we have Al and david or we'd all be floundering! Cindy

I see there are a few people looking at this thread so I thought it might be worthwhile to bring it forward and update it a bit.

I have documented my experiences getting a trache they are posted on our website.

Trache

Hi Teej,

In response to your question, I was left with the decision whether on not to put my mom on a trache/vent when she stopped breathing one morning and was rushed to ER.

I always asked her what she wanted b4 this day came, but she never expressed her wished with me. I elected to have this done. In the past we had in home nursing, this proved to be quite challenging. I learned all I need to from them, as far as suctioning, trache care, peg cleaning,bathing, everything involved in my moms care basically.

And I must say as horrified as I was about the thought of suctioning cause I had not training I have become very proficient in everything. We went through alot of nurses though some good, but most the ladder. There absentee forced me to learned these things because I had no choice.

I am now the full time care take for my mom, and I can't lie it is very hard and stressful but I'm doin it. I just ask god for strength and patience and take it day for day.

Hope this helps
Sophia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back