Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
uk
State
england
City
london
Hiya was wondering if anyone can help, ive had twitching calfs and arches 4 over a year now, but recently my tounge has started to twitch some days loads others hardly at all, no slurred speach or anything thing like that i am still physically strong, i had an emg in december, do you think its worth araging another for the tounge?

Any help would be greatly welcomed :)

Hi,

I too have been freaking out over my tongue for the last couple of days. I've done tons of research and found out so many people have tongue twitches.

Do the twitches occur when you stick your tongue out only, or do they occur when your tongue is lying at rest in your mouth? If they are true fasciculations they will continue at rest in your mouth, and even then are probably nothing to worry about.

There is so much incorrect information out there basically saying tongue twitches mean ALS or are more likely to be ALS. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's the same as any other muscle really, tongue fasciculations without atrophy or weakness are benign.

The fact that your speech and swallowing are fine is a very good sign. Calf twitches are also very common is Benign fasciculation syndrome and the fact that you've had them for a year really points to that condition, the tongue twitches are probably just another part of it.

Hi

I have had twitching in my tongue for over 2 weeks now,also have had them in feet legs,etc for a couple ofyears...I dont really have weakness in my tongue but the night before it started I felt as if my speech ws sort of messed up,and I feel lke I have spit in my throat all the time,and scalloped edges on y tongue!My twitch in my tonge feels just like any other twitch...Also my left leg has had a weird feeling in it for a while,like if you get hit in your reflex,cramping and some stiffness,anda little numbness on that foot,I am going crazy with this...Can anyone tell me if this sounds like it?I am almost 28 years old.

You both sound like me i too have scalloped edges i know this id because i grind my teeth at night the dentist told me,

I dont know what too do, it hasnt happened at all 2day & i feel a bit better, but then it will happen & i will freak! its stupid i know, ive had this almost 18 months, now ever since the birth of my son but i still get scared!

You both sound like me i too have scalloped edges i know this id because i grind my teeth at night the dentist told me,

I dont know what too do, it hasnt happened at all 2day & i feel a bit better, but then it will happen & i will freak! its stupid i know, ive had this almost 18 months, now ever since the birth of my son but i still get scared!

Does it only twitch when you stick your tongue out? It could be just failure to relax yourself, the tongue is very difficult to relax

Hi,

My tongue is twitching reguardless it the same thing every few seconds,I can even see it in the mirror,I also have other symptoms too,and VERY scared!

You need to see a neuro. and stop making yoouself crazy Pat 1

hi Pat, i have seen a neuro, a few acually they all say the same too young, just twitches, i do believe them, its just this tounge thing has thrown me a bit and was just seeing what other poeple on here like me thought about my new twitches, ive had 2 emgs, last 1 dec & all normal never had my tounge done though, do u think i should, havent seen a neuro since dec, ?

My tounge somtimes twitches when at rest in my mouth had none 4 the last couple of days though... no other symptoms well apart from my leg twitching which has been going on 4 about 18months..

Any help would be welcomed?

xx

The tongue is like any other muscle. If you've no atrophy or weakness, then they are most probably benign fasciculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back