PALS
Country
US
State
West Virginia
City
Ravenswood
Good morning,

When the neurologist asked my husband to touch his thumb to his little finger, he couldn't do it. That totally surprised both of us.

So, just one simple statement I wanted to make: I've always just taken life for granted, even the small and simple things as being able to touch my thumb to my little finger. How easy that is for me - how difficult it is for my husband. Breaks my heart.

I don't want to take life for granted! Each healthy day, each breath we take - appreciate with all of my heart!

I don't have the all the answers to life problems, but I do know that a person with ALS faces new challenges every day!

I just want all of you who have this awful disease to know I am praying for each one of you every day!

There are a LOT of people who don't have a clue what the disease does to one's body. I didn't - not until I did tons of research.

For now, all we know to do is to take one day at a time - not look to the future, or worry about what is going to happen.

My husband and I are still laughing - some people don't understand how? or why? Do they expect us to be "doom and gloom"...what would that accomplish?

Patty

Well said Patty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back