Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
BC
City
Sheffield
Thank you for considering this post. I have suffered from chronic fatigue since 2016. I first mentioned twitching to my doctor early feb 2018, it didn't bother me I just thought it was odd. He did a blood test and that was the end of it. Fast forward June 2019 and the fatigue has gotten worse (legs tiring after walking round a carboot) so I went back to my GP asking for a B12 test and just happened to mention twitching again. He thought it would be a good idea to see a neurologist which completely caught me off guard. After 2 months of worrying I saw the Neurologist on 3rd August. He said it's likely BFS, tone and power normal, no further appointment necessary.

Also strangely the muscle in my left forearm has been burning on and off since April time when I was doing some DIY. I also mention this to the neurologist but it didn't interest him, I also said my muscles tire quickly.

Since seeing the neurologist I've noticed the backs of my hands seem to be getting skinnier and skinner, my left forearm appears to be shrinking. I can still use them normally but it's painful. I read many conflicting things about the order or progression, like all of a sudden someone can't open a jar or can't lift a foot. For me it seems these things I can still do ok but it causes pain. And there is no doubt the muscles in my left forearm are different. Strange lines have appeared there too. I hope anyone can help with this info. Thank you so much,..

Please read this if you have not already done so: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms!

The fact you can still do everything you have always done indicates no failure and points away from ALS. So does the pain. In ALS, the muscle just doesn’t function. There’s no pain or sensation of weakness or the muscle tiring easily — you just can’t do things because the muscle isn’t getting the signal from your brain telling it to contract. The neuro evaluation from early August is reassuring and it’s unlikely things would have changed significantly since then. If you still have concerns, go back to your doctor for an exam.

Sorry Karen there is almost constant pain, tightness and tires easily. Thanks for the reply though. I realise I'm going to have to go back

apologies I misread your reply. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back