Not open for further replies.

thelma313

Country
CA
State
Quebec
City
Montreal
For those of you who are not Canadian football fans, Tony Proudfoot was an all-star player for the Montreal Allouettes in the late 70's. He later became a successful sports announcer as well as being a Physical Education teacher at Dawson College in Montreal for many years. He was present during the 2006 Dawson College shooting and used his knowledge of first aid to attend to one of the shooting victims before paramedics arrived. In 2007 he was diagnosed with bulbar onset ALS. He can still walk but has not been able to speak for 13 months now. I met him at the ALS Society in Montreal and was really touched by how kind and optimistic he is. At the ALS Walk he greeted my dad and gave him the thumb's up. That gesture of support meant a lot to my father.

This morning he is on the cover of the Montreal Gazette. He has inspiring words to share and I thought I would provide a link to this article for all of you to read.

Every day is a precious gift

Rosella, thank you so much for the link! Tony was my inspiration as he announced his diagnosis at the same time as I was being tested at the clinic in the fall of 2007. And he still is, his positive outlook and his humour (Monty Python may be silly but somehow they really are useful) is something that I try to emulate whenever I can. I am sending this link to all my family and friends.

Barry

Loved the article. Thanks for the link.

A big THUMBS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back