Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
SC
City
Conway
VA sending me to MUSC for Botox injections tomorrow,have been told this will help and reduce jaw spasms also,will keep you posted,any questions please ask.:smile:

Hoping you are greatly helped, Ken!

Hope this works for you Ken, I had radiation treatment to my parotid salivary glands and still have to take Glycopyrrolate daily to deal with drool. Let us know how it works.
Barry

Good luck my Friend! Thinking of you Toots!
Hugs,
Marta

Good luck & pray that it works for you!

Good luck Ken, keep us posted.

Ken, hoping and praying this brings relief to you. Good luck!

Ken.............will be Praying it helps you.........Big HUG

I hope this helps Ken, if not my pool could probably use some drool..lol

Hoping you get some relief too. They put my sis on amitryptiline (though her problem was phlegm..I'm told it also has mood elevating properties as well as helping with shooting leg pain). Seems to be helping her.

Thinking of you today Ken. How did it all go yesterday?

Hope it works for you, ken. It worked for Mom the first time but after that it nade no difference and medicare wouldm't pay for it. I know about the drool. Mom constantly has a papertowel folded up in her mouth. I hope you find an answer!

If this doesn't work, or doesn't work well enough to stop the drool, ask for Atropine. It comes in the form of eye drops; however, (and please don't ask me how the docs found this convenient side effect) if you place one drop under the tongue, it should cut down on the amount of the saliva produced. Weird right?

But, it does work.

Thank you to all,had six injections on friday the 7th,three on each side of the jaw,it was painless,very small needles.I was told it would take appox. ten days to work and would last for appox ten weeks,I get my next shots on Jan.10th,because this was my first injection it was a mild shot,I was surprised when the Dr.told me when it started to work I would not be able to swallow any more ice cream,my only treat,I cried out of control and still crying,I am having ice cream tonight and in the morning and for lunch!LOL,I love ALS
--------------------------------------------------Hugs To All------------------------------------------------

Glad the injections weren't too painful Ken, but I feel badly for you about the ice cream--that just stinks. Take care.
Laurel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back