Other
Country
US
State
ct
City
farmington
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone could help me. About 15 months ago I developed a twich on the right side of my tongue. It happens when I say an sh sound or become dehydrated. if something cold or warm hits it, chew on that side, sucking a straw, yawn. i have had my doctor an Neurogist, Dentist, Ear nose throat look at my tongue and they said it was normal. In fact i had a EMG done in jNovember and it was normal. i went for a second opinion the doctor made us waite for over three hours. i became nervous he tested my tongu an it was normal. But he said that i had some weakness in my legs but that his report said the patient was extremely anxious and with incomplete muscle relaxation during the study and the veracity of the findings may be in doubt

I brought this to my doctor who called the original Nerogist and he said he tested the same areas and they were normal. I bcame so distraught that my doctor thought I was going to have a stroke. He put me in the hospital until my blood pressure came down. He has put me on Lexaro in january. The original nuerogist saw me in may and said I was alright and was not going to see me again since it was six months since i saw him and if I had ALS I would be having more symptons. But i told him i still have the tongue twich and was concern. he told me he would see me in in 6 months. i had a complete physical in May and everything was ok.

I still have the twitch 14 months later and i am still concern i have Als. When you type in Tongue twitch on google it comes up ALS. it feels like I have cloud over my head. Any muscle pain, twitch, I feel that they are wrong. When my tongue twitches i run to see if it has spread. my Doctor is a personal freind of mine and he tells me I need to move on.

In fact two weeks ago my doctor he told me if I had ALS by now there would be major
symptons showing up after 14 months. Are they correct?

Please help

I forgot, the nero thought tht the twitch might be related to a server reaction I had where my tongue became swollen and my throat closed. the twitching began shortly after wards

Hi ... it is my understanding that most tongue twitches are meaningless. It's very common for people to have twitches in various areas of their body ... including their tongues .... and have no illness at all. It's just the way their body is.

I think you have covered all the bases as far as doctors are concerned, and have been told by them all that you have nothing to worry about, so I would take their word for it. They have examined and tested you. I don't think anybody here would try to second-guess your doctors.

Good luck ... and trust your doctors. They sound very thorough.
BethU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back