Other
Country
US
State
MI
City
z
Hello,
Is a twitch in the tongue anymore alaming than in other twitches? I have been twitching for 19 months all over my body--no other symptoms. I know I have felt my tongue twitch before but today I actually see it. It looks just like any other twitch--like eye lid, but it is on the edge of my tongue. Please advise.
Sue

I had my tongue do that a month ago on the edge. It lasted only a day and then maybe some flutters but not like the one. I hope I dont get again, I agree it alarms me more than the other ones.

Is it still twitching?

Hello, Is a twitch in the tongue anymore alaming than in other twitches? I have been twitching for 19 months all over my body--no other symptoms. I know I have felt my tongue twitch before but today I actually see it. It looks just like any other twitch--like eye lid, but it is on the edge of my tongue. Please advise.
Sue

Hi, Sue ... for what it's worth, 9 months after I first developed bulbar symptoms (speech, etc.), a doctor noticed tongue fasics during a routine exam, and referred me to a neuro.

I have never felt any twitches on my tongue, and the fasics are very different there than twitches elsewhere on my body. On my tongue, it is like tiny shivers all over the surface, all the time. It never stops. The whole surface of my tongue is in constant motion with tiny quivers.

I don't know what's "typical" of bulbar ALS, but that's what mine looks like.

Good luck,
BethU

Thanks for your responses. Mine was an actual twitch. It was on the edge and looked just like an eyelid twitch. It started and stopped for several hours. I have not felt it since. I have decided it must just be a benign twitch just like the rest of my body has. I am sure it will be back. It just seemed alot more scary though.
Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back