zuzinada

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi everyone

I dont seem to have any other symptoms, but my tongue is twitching.

By twitching I mean a few times a day, few twiches at the same spot. The spot is sometimes at different places, but I haven't yet noticed more spots twitching at the same time like you would see in those Youtube videos. I can feel it and if Im quick enough I've seen a few of them in the mirror too. Where its happening I can see a small dimple moving up and down a few times then it stops and might come back later -few minutes or hours or even a day later. Just like a spot in your biceps would be popping occacionally.

Im a googler and when I googled ALS came out from everywhere.

I really have 2 questions only

1, those of you who are experiencing tongue fasciculations-can you feel them, are you physically avare of them just like you would be if your eye or lip was twiching?

2, given I dont really have any "other" obvious symptoms could ALS start this way as a firts symptom?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi there- sorry your internet searches have brought you here.

We ask that all new posters read here first. It covers twitching so we don't have to keep answering the same questions repeatedly. We also recommend that anyone who is concerned about their health visit with their doctor first, as Dr Google is notoriously bad for presenting worst case scenarios for completely normal things.

As you will read in the link provided, twitching absent any other symptoms means nothing sinister is going on.

We don't want to see any videos at all.
I hope you read the post Shiftkicker linked you to as hitting links from a google search can take you to all kinds of misinformation.
Please see a doctor if you remain concerned. All the best.

Thank you for your reply
I have never suggested any videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back