Not open for further replies.

Kristin01

Country
US
State
CA
City
San Diego
I haven't posted in awhile, but I had a quick question. The other day my husband and I were seeing who could roll their tongues the best and I can totally roll mine, but it is not straight at all. The center of my tongue is way off to the left. Also, when I slightly push my tongue out, my whole right side of my tongue is thicker than my left side. Would you be concerned about these two things?

No, I can't say that I would be concerned. But then, I don't think I'd get into a tongue-rolling contest with my husband either, so there you are. :)

But congratulations on being able to roll your tongue. Many people can't. There's an interesting yoga breathing exercise (I think it's called the sitali breath, but it's been a while, so I may be wrong) that uses the rolled tongue, and is supposed to keep you young forever if you do it every day.

Take care,
BethU

Thank you for responding Beth. I haven't noticed any other bulbar symptoms, but this really freaked me out. When I stick my tongue out, it is completely centered, but when I start to roll it, it gets off centered. Would you be concerned that the right side of my tongue is slightly thicker than the left? I took it to mean that the right side was clearly stronger than the left, especially with the tongue rolling.

To me, it doesn't sound like anything to worry about. There are always differences between the two sides of our bodies. For instance, one foot is almost always slightly larger than the other. It's also very common for one eye to be a little higher than the other, or a different shape, one hand to be stronger, etc.

The two sides of our bodies are not mirror images of each other.

Take care,
BethU

kRISTIN KEEP YOUR TONGUE IN YOUR MOUTH AND THEN YOU WONT WORRY WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

RELAX1

pat1

Hello...I am trying to figure out what they are doing with the tongues? You mean curl it like back in your mouth. Roll it sideways, one way both ways? I feel as if most forum members will be like monkeys in the mirror trying to do this.

Can you touch your tongue to your nose? Just checkin....

Really, if you feel there is a problem with your tongue then ask you doctor so he can put your mind and tongue at ease.

The best to you!

I think she means curling up the sides to make a little round tunnel. In yoga, you do this and breathe in through the curled up tongue then breathe out through your nose. It's supposed to cool your brain and keep you young forever.

Didn't work for me. :)
BethU

Thank you Beth! Now it makes some sense. :) OK....I tried it. Mine curled so small no air got through to my throat. Enough! I don't think I will live forever doing that...:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back