Not open for further replies.

koyx

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
HE
Today, unfortunately, I also saw contractions in the tongue. Permanent feeling of phlegm, sporadic hoarseness and need to clean the throat especially at night and sometimes when I speak biting my tongue.
Anxious as ever ... I had an electromyogram in May and it was normal.
In addition, I sometimes have pain in my ankles and soles, especially in the arch of my feet

As in your previous thread, I would advise exploration of allergies, change your furnace filters, etc. For the foot pain, you could see a podiatrist. There is no reason to think of ALS, but your GP can monitor your tongue and other areas of concern.

thank you for your prompt reply. My voice looks different to me and it loses some vowels.
What I told you before I read that they are symptoms of Als and I am very scared.
I also did not mention that two years ago my mom's sister was diagnosed with this disease

Good Evening! In addition to the bandages on the body, I also have on the tongue but the worrying thing is that I bite my tongue when I speak and lie. Last week I did an electromyogram, if there was an als would it show?

From the Read Before Posting thread at the top of this subforum:

1649264299892.png

Good morning!
Now I feel the contractions almost all over the oral cavity and on the lips on the left side and of course in other parts of the body. A while ago I drowned slightly in saliva as I spoke. Anxious as ever but again I think it would not show the EMG ???

If you had lower motor neuron damage as found in ALS, it would show on the EMG. Since you do not have any functional problems, it does not matter what you feel nearly as much as what the test shows.

Good Evening!
Now lately my sleep is interrupted by a sound like intense snoring or loud puffing or even shaking of the body. And I just read that this (obstructive apnea) is a symptom of lateral myotrophic sclerosis !!!!
I lost the earth under my feet

Obstructive sleep apnea is a very common condition. ALS is not. Millions of people have it without having ALS.

Thanks for your prompt reply!
I just still have bruises on my tongue and occasional pain in my left thumb.
I'm very scared

Go back and see your doctor and tell them your concerns. this forum is to ask questions about the diagnosis process not for you to post every time you decide there is something to worry about in spite of your previous emg

Good evening!
Sorry to bother you once again but your advice is necessary.
I have a lot of sighs during the day but also in sleep and I am worried because I read that it is an initial symptom of als with respiratory type.
Besides, I can not inflate the left cheek alone but only when I inflate it together with the right.

Please go back to your doctors to ask your questions. This is not the forum for you, you have been cleared of ALS and must look elsewhere for answers.

Please take care.

Thank you for always responding!
how I got rid of ALS. when, in addition to the new symptoms, the contractions of the tongue, which are a characteristic symptom of this disease, do not stop ??? Natural contractions all over the body ... And of course the sensation of mucus in the throat has existed for 1.5 years?

You have been cleared of ALS and your symptoms are none that I have heard of from the many ALS patients I know. The next step you need to complete is going back to your doctor for any further questions. The folks here cannot give diagnoses, they can only answer based on symptoms and any prior testing someone has had.

Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back