Not open for further replies.

tini

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SK
Hello, sorry, I posted here before - but the topic is closed now. Could you please help me and give me some advice or your opinion? I really don’t know what to do - what kind of diagnose I could have. Sorry for my english but it is not my native language. Thank you just to read my problem and maybe give me some advice or your opinion. I know the people here are in much harder situation than me - I appreciate your help but I’m really concerned and scared about my symptom.

Since november I have problems with my tongue. It started to change with some identitation and waves on it which are mostly in the middle - but now - 10 months later - it looks like it is atrophied. I noticed minor change with pronouncing letters with - SL or TL… but not the way that I pronounce them slowly or hard to speak them - i can speak fast and move my tongue without problems, articulate without problems too, but while I speak words with SL, TL - I can feel a ,,smack,, sound somewhere in the back of my mouth - by the sides of the tongue - ( something like there is more air in my mouth because of the tongue change - that it is not so big and fleshly than it was before ). I really noticed this change with my tongue - atrophy and change with pronouncing SL , TL , .. It wasn’t there before. Sometimes I have some minor burning or tingling feeling on tongue but not often.

Accept my problem with the tongue I don’t have at the moment any other problems with movement or speaking or swallowing. But I can confirm the tongue atrophy is progressing, because in the period of 10 months it changed totally with some dents and waves on it and it really start to look like it is atrophied.

I had 4 clean EMGs in one year period. Every time they did whole body EMG include bulbar region. Last time they did EMG from my tongue too ( they put needle inside) and it was clean again.

I don’t understand from what i can have tongue atrophy.

Could it be ALS despite of clean EMGs?

I include a picture of my tongue. (mod note- removed as unnecessary)

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
4 EMGS?!! Wow, you must be really trying to get that ALS diagnosis. You will be sorely disappointed to hear this, but you do not have ALS, from your lack of symptoms, many, many clean EMGs, and clean clinical exams. Best to run after a new disease, because ALS is not in your cards. Lucky you.

Tongue pic... yuck.

Best of luck to you and take good care.

The very best thing is to ask this of your doctor. Have you decided it is tongue atrophy, or has a doctor told you it is atrophy?
If it were, you would have many other serious things happening.
Please seek medical advice and follow what your doctor says, but you don't need to be here.

Hello, thank you for your answer.

No, I’m not trying to get some serious diagnose, I have small children and I want to be here for them.

I just want to know the answer - from what my tongue is changing and find the right diagnose.

Thank you for your opinion and your support.

Hi, please I want to ask. 2 weeks ago I developed a dent on my inner thigh. It doesn’t look good. Does it look like start of thigh atrophy? It’s visible mostly when I sit. It wasn’t there before.

Attachments

• DC4C4FC9-DE5A-4DA7-B921-26EA8550CF28.jpeg
    DC4C4FC9-DE5A-4DA7-B921-26EA8550CF28.jpeg
    976.8 KB · Views: 254
Tini, if you are concerned about changes, please visit with your doctor. Photographs do not help in any way to provide answers for you.

As Shiftkicker said, please go to your doctor with your non-ALS questions.

Good luck to you.

And does this look like atrophy (or starting atrophy) in Als?

Tini, you are asking strangers on the internet repeatedly to tell you do or don't have ALS based on an unclear photograph. Please go see your doctor for a proper assessment and address your health anxiety. I am closing this thread. Please do not open another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back