Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
TX
City
San Antonio
I was just wondering if anyone knew what tongue atrophy looked like and if the picture I have posted looks like it?

I have experienced twitching and cramping in my calves and legs for a while now, and I noticed my tongue severely dips in in the middle. Is this typical of atrophy and how it looks?

I am waiting to see a neuro. I went through a divorce recently and lost my insurance so I'm trying to get covered again. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Tongue pic.PDF
    3 MB · Views: 652
Looks normal to me. Can you chew and swallow? Can you push your cheeks out with your tongue? Can you move your tongue around?

It looks normal. Still no signs of ALS. Move along, now.
T

Maybe it's the lighting. It dips in in the middle almost like the middle part goes down.

I can still move tongue from side to side onto cheeks. I have lots of excess saliva though. I can chew and swallow but stuff gets stuck in my throat and I feel like my swallowing is delayed.

Thank you for your responses

Let us know how the doctor appointment goes. Doesn't look or sound like ALS.

Thank you guys for reassurance. I hope it goes okay. Glad to know it doesn't look like it. I hope it isn't. I appreciate you taking the time go get back with me.

In July you thought you had onset in a hand.
Now Sept it's your legs and even your tongue?

I know you have been stressed but that is a normal tongue.

Let's be serious here - for at least 3 months you have been looking for the onset of a terminal illness in yourself with absolutely zero symptoms of same. Please listen carefully - absolutely ZERO symptoms.

Divorce is an extremely stressful time. I truly recommend you go to a counsellor and talk frankly with your doctor about your anxiety and stress. You must stay away from ALS sites completely, this is terrible for your health.

What is happening can be dealt with and overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back