PALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Syracuse
Hi,

I am concerned that some recent symptoms might be a sign of worse things.

The other day as I was eating and moving my tongue far to the right, I felt a snap/pop which felt really odd. I later looked an in the underneath part one vessel seemed to have popped out a bit. It was sore, though better now. This seems very unusual. I can speak more or less okay, though also I get hoarse sometimes. Its hard for me to tell if the one side is any weaker.

As I've searched the web I have found this is the Hypoglossus vein and that its associated with the brain stem and ALS. My guess is my tongue will getting weak as time passes.

At the same time, my right foot has had some loss of sensitivity, occasional numbness in the toes, and a weak ankle.

I plan to wait to see if things get better, though the fact that they have happened has me a bit worried, and so I plan to visit a neuro soon.

Has anyone had similar occurences as the above?

Thanks,
Mountainview

tongue&foot

Hi mountainview, My left foot has dropped since last year, my toes feel numb at times making it harder to walk(with a walker)As for my tongue that hasn't happened .I bite it a lot and it has a strange looking circle in the back( I noticed this week. ) I think an alien has landed and made circles ha ha :) Anyway this is all strange but, so is ALS . God Bless janf Ga. girl

Ive never heard of the Hypoglossus vein being associated to ALS I just performed a quick search and couldn't find such info, maybe you could post the link to where you found the information?

Numbness isn't a symptoms of ALS, ALS doesn't present with sensory symptoms.

If your are still concerned you would need to see a neurologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back