Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
SomewhereNice
We bought a "Tush Push" toilet seat lift. (I know...great name) It has a motor that moves the toilet seat up and at a slight angle and comes with a remote control. It is easy to install and works well. My PALS needs some help standing up and I am not quite strong enough to bear all the weight so it is really helpful.
However, it is pricey. They run around $1100.00. You can google "Tush Push" and find it from different suppliers.

Please note...my PALS is ALWAYS assisted. I do not know how this would work out if used by a PALS who is not assisted or is elderly.

>We bought a "Tush Push" toilet seat lift

will look up. any chance it will work with bidet toilet seat?

That is our next project. We wanted to make sure the seat worked well before we started trying to modify it with our Brondell bidet seat. Also, at $1100, we are trying to make sure we think it through before we mess around with it. In the next few days I am going to try & research online to see what options there are and maybe this weekend my husband can figure something out. I will let you know if we come up with something workable. It does get kinda frustrating that you have to sacrifice one thing to get another.

We are planning a bidet seat when we remodel the bathroom very soon! Seems like a necessity as my PALS loses the use of arms and hands. Have others used these and how do they work? A tush push sounds very useful as well.

My pals as a bidet. He LOVES it. He says he will never be without one now:)

Update: We were able to install our Brondell Bidet toilet seat on the Tush Push. My husband did have to do a little engineering on it and he had a friend machine two special bolts for him. I can get a more detailed explanation of what modifications he made if anyone is interested - just message me. I will update this post if we find any flaws.

I bet Brondell Swash would love to see your modification and how to do it. I find they are a great company to deal with, and my husband loves his Brondell (has atrophied right hand). Brondell is so helpful with questions that I do think they would be very interested in helping others do what you have done with the Tush Push.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back