Diagnosis
4/2020
Country
US
State
MI
City
Ann Arbor
My wife has been having trouble flushing the toilet as her left hand weakness has increased. We will probably replace her toilet with a bidet, but in the interim I am trying out one of the moldable plastics that my prototyping friends use. The first one is InstaMorph. It comes in beads that you soften in 150 degree water. Then you can form it by hand. I made a first attempt at building a larger toilet flush handle to see how that goes. Like the previous poster on this topic, I am not above using a set of vice grips while we wait for a plumber to become available. I will post a photo of the finished handle (or the last failure). It has a couple of advantages. It can be reformed and reused multiple times. And it is pretty cheap.

Looks like it is going to work!

1591678399767.png

well done!

My husband was very frustrated by this same problem. I like your solution.
I found this: Windsor-Direct-Classic-Hands-Free-Flusher, which may be useful when things progress. It was simple to install and worked for him. His disease is progressing rapidly so he didn’t use it for long so I can’t speak to it’s sturdiness but he was happy with it.

My brother in law drove a long nail through the handle and it worked perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back