Toes curling under

Status
Not open for further replies.
My aunt used Fly-Flots. Open, sandal like shoes with velcro across the top of the foot. Very comfy, but maybe not great in the winter outdoors.

The baby powder approach is the only way we can get shoes on my husband. He has lost all ability to assist us but it works great and his toes stay comfy.

I found a sandal that is flat and velcro doest not look bad. you can arrange toes and tighten back for balance made by dr scholl. they make mens.
I bought them at wm online or wherever scholls are sold.

This might work. Get a hard insole, and Kerlix it or light tape to his foot then insert in shoe. They are thin, but you might have to remove the existing insole. Hope this helps.

Holly

The chiropodist gave me this little sponge with a loop in the top that hooks over one of my toes and the cotton is shaped to stop the toes curling

If I find it online I’ll add you a link or its actual name

My husband wears a foot brace but when he goes to put his shoes on his toes curl under. We don't know what to do to keep them straight until he gets his shoes on. For now, he will put his shoes on and try and push down on the top of his shoes to get them to straighten out. I would appreciate any suggestions.
My orthotist put a strap ot the bottom of my drop foot brace to use while putting my shoe on. With the foot on the brace first you can get the toes flat on it before putting on the shoe then use a shoe horn to slip the shoe over both. Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back