00/0000
Country
FR
State
ID
City
Creteil
Greetings,

First of all, I am most sorry for intruding, and letting anxiety get the better of myself, but if any of you can bring me peace, or comfort me in pursuing a potential diagnostic, I would be most appreciative of it!

I am a 25 years old man, living in France.

I have had a long history of anxiety, and hypochondria, so this might not be any different from all the other times, but still.

about a week/10 days ago, I noticed, out of nowhere, that I was almost unable to use my little toe on my right foot. It would barely respond. I instantly feared the worst.
a doctor tested me on the very same day for other signs of weakness, but other than that, there was nothing.
Over the next 2/3 days, my toe regained its strength, and now seems fully functional again. I tried to put it on the account that I somewhat hurt my foot by walking in unfitting footwear on that day, but my anxiety keeps gnawing at me.

However, I have begun to feel cramping/pain into my right feet, which quickly went up to my knee the next day or so. I especially feel a burning sensation when it is at rest (however, it does seem to go away while I sleep). Furthermore, while it might /entirely/ be me being nevrotic over the whole thing (I have barely eaten in the last 5 days, due to the anxiety. I simply could not stop myself from looking at more and more ALS documentation...), I could not help but notice my right feet/leg being slightly less muscular than the left.
I am still able to walk normally, although I am extremely obsessed about any potential anomaly that might arise.
I do have twitches in said right foot as well, although they also appear at other locations on occasion.
I went to a doctor again, who saw absolutely nothing wrong in my clinical strength, but I keep having the fear of my toe not responding again...

could this be ALS?

Thank you very much for any given answer! <3

I think you know you know you don't have ALS. How many other terminal disease have you thought that you had before? If you have a history of hypochondria, I'm not sure if it's very fair to ask terminally ill folks to walk you through a bout of your health anxiety.

Please ready the sticky at the top of this sub-forum called IMPORTANT: Please read before posting. That will answer any questions you may have. I'm sorry to not give you the answers you are seeing, whatever they may be, but you don't have ALS, so there's not much one can say.

Best of luck to you and stay safe.

I completely understand, and I am most sorry.
My reasoning was that, well, hypochondria will not protect me from actually getting a life-threatening disease.
But if you say my symptoms do not match with ALS, then I completely accept it, and will not press the issue further, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back