Status
Not open for further replies.
David,
You didn't start anything, don't worry! People get frustrated, these exchanges happen...but it all comes from the heart, if you know what I mean. Really, we all do get along. :smile:

Keep trying to make sense of your results-

Lydia

I do agree with Wright. When 'we' try to search the web and read articles about als or other things, we mis interpret the results and dont always understand as we are NOT medical professionals. I have stopped along time ago trying to understand certain things as I had scared myself silly trying to understand my muscle biopsy that my als doc said was 'essentially normal'. I could not let it go and tried to research it and sure enough after trying hard enough came up some info that could scare me. I let it go. There is nothing wrong with researching at all, and it can help but it is a fine line and we have to be careful about it! Due to my personality and anxiety level, I just dont do it.

best thoguhts to you david.

David

My last post was not directed at you in the least. Ptich and I have a "history" (mostly via PM's) and I had just had enough. My tirade was such to protect those on here that are very nervous about their symptoms and out of respect for those that actually do have this awful disease. Sometimes my Italian temper gets the best of me but in the end, we are all truly a family here.

David-
Don't worry-wright is right! You haven't caused any trouble at all. We really all do get along-kinda like a bunch of kids in the house, occasionally we may "agree to disagree"
Wishing you the best,
take care
-b

David,

No, please don't worry. You came detailing information provided by your neuro and asking for additional feedback/general questions. This forum is an excellent source of support and ideas, but like everywhere there are hiccups and frustrations from time to time.

One of the frequent challenges comes from the fact that many of us (myself included) are undiagnosed. Many types of neurological problems (including ALS) take some time to diagnosed, and share overlapping symptoms. As a community I think one of our goals is to provide accurate information, as many come to this forum terrified of a horrible disease that very very few of them will end up beign diagnosed with at the end of the day.

Those of us who are undiagnosed, but frequent or longtime posters, have an obligation to be upfront with the fact that we have no diagnosed (that's why many of us put it in our signatures). There have been a number of times when a new forum member will make a comment that they share a particular symptom with an older forum member, and make the assumption that that person has been diagnosed with ALS. More often than not, it is not the case.

I wish you the best as you work through your diagnosed process.

Take care,

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back