Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Middletown
I feel as though I have started coming to terms with the loss of my beautiful Mother. Doing the ALS walk for Mothers Day meant so much to me. I was very emotional all day but it helped to be surrounded by people who understood. One of the the hardest parts of being the sole caregiver to my mom was having to sign her DNR. I have struggled with that from the moment I did it. But today, I finally came to the realization that I did the right thing for her. She had said many times that she was not afraid of dying, just suffering. And I think we all know that is exactly what ALS is. So for the first time, I allowed myself to accept the choice I made as the right choice. I did the right thing. I would want my daughter to do the same for me. I am at peace with my decision. I am still mourning, but I feel like I can breathe a little easier today than yesterday. I may even have a small smile on my face. One step at a time. Thank you all for being strong and amazing. Love and peace to all!!

Well said, Leelaa. May we all do/have done as well by our PALS, for them and ourselves.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for sharing! You did great and I'm happy that you slowly realize so yourself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back