Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Atlanta
I've been looking to buy a Tobii with eye gaze technology for my mother who lives in Brazil. Unfortunately her insurance in Brazil doesn't cover this equipment. Any leads for purchasing one here in the USA, would be very appreciated.

The cheapest Tobii option if she already has a tablet or laptop, or if you can buy one separately, is to look into the PCEye Go line, which integrates with existing devices. These can be purchased on line at the Tobii site if you can't find one used.

Eyegaze dot com has equivalent software products for Mac and Windows computers and Android phones as well.

I would look very closely at both vendors.

I think the consensus these days would be to stay away from the all-in-one eye gaze devices unless (as is not your case) they are advantageous in terms of funding or you can get something used.

Best,
Laurie

I was not aware of eyegaze dot com. I will look into this one as well. Bless your heart :)

Thank you for your help. I am still in need of buying an all in one Tobii Dynavox. It seems to be rare around in Atlanta when you don't have insurance. Any clue anybody where to find one? I really appreciate your guidance.

Check on SCI, MS, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy forums as well as here. Also dotmed.

I am selling a speech generating device with eye tracker used by my father. Bought Q4 2016, it was used for 2 months, it is mint condition, good as new with very practical stand and wireless keyboard included. Price negotiable, I can send it worldwide.

PRICE:
3.500 $

(Please go to my profile page on this forum to leave contact info)

TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION, if you are not familiar with the device:
Speech generating device that enables effective augmentative and alternative communication in all forms. Tobii Dynavox I-15+ is large screen, eye controlled speech generating device. It’s rugged design, unparalleled power management, support for touch and gaze input are just a few of the things that make the I-15+ ideal for those who rely on augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) for voice output, environmental control, computer access or long distance communication.

PRODUCT PAGE
https://www.tobiidynavox.com/devices...-communicator/

Attachments

• IMG_5792.jpg
    IMG_5792.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 254
  • IMG_4970.JPG
    IMG_4970.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_4971.JPG
    IMG_4971.JPG
    951.2 KB · Views: 285