Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
US
State
PA
City
Zelienople
Last week, KevinM posted in the PALS role call about UFOs, which seemed to raise some interest. Does anyone remember the Twilight Zone episode, "To Serve Man"?

It was a memorable episode, based on a short story by Damon Knight, and featuring Richard Kiel as one of the aliens, who became a famous Bond villain ("Jaws"). He was also a good-hearted bad guy in "Pale Rider".

I became a fan of Sci Fi in the early sixties and read a lot of "Golden Age" era stories and authors. I appreciated the unwritten rule that "science fiction" had to have science as well as space adventures. Many stories were written that hinged on some scientific theory or principle.

We (humans) have had some success getting to the Moon and to Mars. And we have some amazing photos of Saturn's rings, some of the asteroids, and the outer dwarf planets. But we are also realizing how hard it is to get to space (and return). The idea of cruising around the solar system is fun, but so expensive. I love to read about it, though.

Anyone here have a "close encounter" story? I ask this respectfully, because I know the subject can be sensitive.

Best to all,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back