Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Omar

I was reading your post and felt compelled to respond..... I have "inadequacy" issues because of my illness. I was once a full time working mother who went to school at night taking four to five classes a semester and getting straight A's to someone who tries to get through the day without taking three naps! I think you feel that your classmates and teacher's expect you to be the same Omar physically and you yourself feel bad because you cannot. I think it might help you if you start this new school by letting people know about ALS. Now, i know that is difficult because noone wants to even think they have it let alone announce it, but this way people will understand why you miss class or need extra time for studies. First of all, you did not QUIT, your body is giving you too much of a hard time and is telling you to slow down, do something different! ALS is a difficult diseases, especially for people who are overachievers or people who come from homes that expect you to be the best..... Do what your body is telling you! If i had listened to mine a looooooong time ago i may not have been in the mess i am in... Go out and have fun, even if your idea of fun is obtaining a master's degree.. Best Wishes, Sammantha

Hello Omar,i have just been reading over your posts and i have to say that i am tottally appalled and shocked that so called educated people and the educators themselves could be so STUPID!You are defiantely not a loser in any sense of the word if thier are any losers in this situation it would be those people who claim to hunger for knowledge especially the teachers and are not willing to educate themselves about your disease.I am glad that you have friends that care about you and are supporting you in this fight.Do not give up the fight you have a lot to teach them!It just blows me away that you emailed six of them and not one replied!Good luck and i am rooting for you!

Hey Dewitt, Zac, Samantha and Gina
Thank you very much for your support, and sorry for the late answer ; I was in China without any internet connection. Well now I have joined again the course and I am happy that I am still able to work on my MA. Honestly there is still lots of stress at least from my side with the teachers because we haven't talked about the way they've dealt with the situation last year. So now I am asking for an open meeting in which I get all the answers for their odd behavior.
Thank you again

omar

Hey guys,
It has been quite a while since I've posted in here. I would like to update you that finally I've graduated and got my MA, It has been a tough year.
I would like to thank you for your support and am looking forward to seeing you around
take care

omar

CONGRATS OMAR! Unfortunately, the list of forum members keeps growing. That's a big milestone you just achieved!

Way to go Omar!

I haven't had a chance to read the whole story, but apparently you've been quite busy!

I am working on the last 5 weeks of class before having my BSN. It's a lot of work, but it's an attainable goal.

Keep the faith,
brenda

Congratulations Omar. It has been quite a while. How are you doing?

AL.

Way to go, Omar! I was wondering how things are going for you! Welcome back! Cindy

Tnx much PDaddy, Brenda, Al and Cindy
I am doing ok so far and curious about what has been going on in here.
So will catch you around, take care and see you

you rock Omar....congrats to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back