Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
oregon
City
dallas
We lost my "Beautiful Mom" on October-18-2008 @ 7:25pm, I will miss her dearly. She was an inspiration to her whole family because she was such a strong woman and she never felt sorry for herself even though ALS took everything away from her. She worried more about her family and wanted to make sure "we" were ok.....I helped my dad take care of her and it was an honor to do that, I loved her so much (I hope you are reading this MOM) She passed away at home surrounded by her family and we were lucky enough to call her Catholic Priest in time to Anoint her and read the Last Rites, after he finished she passed. It was like a story book ending and also exactly how my mom wanted to go. I was also at her side hugging her when she passed....I will never forget that.... I just hope she knew I was at her side...I just worry because she was not alert during the last week of her life. Her funeral is tomorrow and I will be sad to see her go.

kepi,
I am sorry for your loss, I hope God blesses you with wonderful memories,
Regards,
brenda

Hi Kepi...I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful mom. I too lost my mom from bulbar als Sept 07. You described your mom just the way I would described my mom. My mom also passed away hours after her priest had come in. Actually when he arrived my mom was in a state of an extremely deep sleep where we could not arouse her. Just as he was about to leave she woke up and he had the opportunity to speak with her. I had never seen my mother more happy, the look on her face at that moment was incredible. When he left we were given the opportunity to say what we had to say and she wrote beautiful messages to us (she was no longer able to speak). Within minutes after that her breathing turned for the worse and passed away about 10 hours later with the ones she loved around her.

God bless, Keep strong. The loss of a mother is a great loss.

Anne

So sorry

Hi Kepi,

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your beautiful mom. It is so nice of you to have been there for her until her final moments. You will always have her in your heart.

Thelma

I am sorry for your loss, Kepi. Mothers carry a special place in our hearts. Cindy

Kepi,
I am so inspired by your love and compassion, which is so clear in your writing. I know you love your mother, it is evident by your actions and words. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Andrea - wife of Pals Jim

kepi, may God be with you, and may your beautiful mom rest in peace. Yes indeed........that was a beautiful departure. I know you will cherish that for the rest of your life. Love and prayers your way.

Irma

I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Know that you will be lifted up in prayers and may you have peace. It sounds like you are a wonderful daughter and I'm certain your mother knew how much she was loved!

jennifer

kepi:

If she received the Sacrament of Extreme Unction and since the Anointing remits sins, your mother is well taken care of. My condolences to you and your family.

Kepi,

I'm very sorry you lost your Mom. May she rest in peace.

So sorry for the loss of your mom Kepi.

AL.

kepi,

You wrote a beautiful tribute to your mother in this thread. I'm sure you made a big difference in her life with your kind care.

I am sorry for your great loss.

Zaphoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back