Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose and Marjorie,

I admire you! You always seem to give a response that benefits and uplifts the poster. If I could award you a gold star for the day, you'd have it!

Zaphoon

Raoul-

My apologies to you if it appears that I am hijacking your thread, that is not my intention, nor am I here to seek attention to myself.
I am here to help, uplift, laugh, cry, and be a friend, to those who need or want it, and search for answers to this horrible disease. And anything that I can post with information that can be a help to someone else, that is my intention.

Hey we are all in this thing together. My apologies to you for not being more understanding of your situation. You have to admit it is a very bizarre case. But who am I to judge. As evil as this world is getting, nothing surprises me anymore. I will be more careful from now on what I do post.

I am also interested in Familial ALS and chemical/ toxic connections.

My husband had a first cousin (on his fathers side, it was the father's sister's son). That died from ALS at the age of 34. I am not sure of the work that he had done, because he lived in another state, I will find that out, but I do know that he did alot of work on a farm, so he very well could have been exposed to chemicals and pesticides.

But I would think that in familial cases, that that would be something that they are just born with? Someone can correct me if I am wrong. But on the flip side, this is interesting to me, my husband age 41, is also having ALS symptoms that has not as of yet been diagnosed. He is getting weaker, they just prescribed him Mestinon to help with his strengh. He has symptoms similar to what you described.

He has worked 23 years for a casting co that makes aluminum castings, and other metals. He has been exposed to all kinds of chemicals such as, asbestous for one. He is also a welder, so there he has came into contact with welding fumes, and who knows what else. So back in 07 my husband had a heavy metals test done to see if there was anything to show up with toxins. For those that are interested in that kind of test, (hopefully you can make it out, lol) this is the report:

This was a 6-8 hour Urine test

1. Arsenic- <10 out from that was a 43 then at 95% reference interval was <=125
2. Cadmium- 0.27 ------> 0.41---------> <=0.62
3. Lead- 1.92 -------> 1.03 ------><=1.58
4. Mercury- <4 ------>2.7-------><=4.0
5. Aluminum- < 3 -----> 24 ---------> <=69

Creatinine=149 mg/dl
Provovation: yes
Provoking agent: DMSA

References ranges are representative of a population under non-challenged or non-provoked conditions. No safe reference levels for toxic metals have been establised.

Like I said this test was back in 2007. Husband just had another heavy metal test done, but it was a 24 hr test. So I guess it came back normal, nothing was said about that test. This will give someone and idea of what is on that kind of report.

Also strange enough, my husband has an older brother that is also having ALS symptoms. He has not yet been diagnosed either. It gets stranger, he had worked at the same place as my husband for years. The brother no longer works there now.

I really do hope that you find the help and the answers that you are looking for.

Kind regards
Lori

Last edited:
If you can, have him get a cholinesterase serum test, its an exotic test, but my doc ordered it twice and both times it came up high. My heavy metals test was normal for the most part except for Aluminum is was right on the verge of being over the normal limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back