Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
.................That is the $100 question.
well,today i had an appointment due to the past several months of bulbar spasms.
said my "condition"is complexed and if baclofen is not helping with jaw/facial spasms then the last resort is botox injections but in the long run these can cause problems.
so i said i would decline for now as they have settled down a bit again but if they do get severe again i'm not sure if i should give botox a go.
other than that just going for yearly appointment and taking meds and basically carry on as much as normal is all they said .
what do you think?
just felt so deflated but you just have to remind yourself your better off then alot of people.

I love your spirit and attitude, Olly! I have mixed thoughts about Botox. Nothing works on my migraines. I have a friend in the same boat. She got desperate enough and had the Botox for it a few weeks ago. I don't think I could ever do it, whether it works for her or not. So, if pushed for an opinion, I say no to Botox!

I have never considered botox, so I do not know whether they would help or not. I do understand what your going through though. I also have been experiencing the spasms. Mine usually focused on under the tongue and down the neck. Kinda strange place to have spasms. I also get them occasionally on the jaw and it will lock in a certain position. Very uncomfortable.

Anyway, don't be bummed girl! Miss you dearly. How has your summer been going so far? (besides all the usual spaticity).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back