Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NC
City
Raleigh
Hey,I'm Bryant.I'm new here.First I would like to say, God bless you all!What strong wonderful people!I have some symptoms of ALS but I'm not here to dicuss that(get answers).It has opened my eyes in a whole new way.I had recently started turning some things in my life around but still my eyes were closed.Then a situation comes and changes it.When you think you have a disease or are diagnosed you really learn a lot about life.I have learned to love my wonderful girlfriend that I took for granite in a whole new way.I've asked her to marry me:grin:. I also picked up the Bible(Student Bible ,a lot easier to understand) ,which I havent done since I was a boy in Church and started reading it.I've been reminded were all here for a reason.It's not about what you have or who's got what.It's about helping those in need,loving one another,and serving the Lord.He has a plan.You may have been stricken with a disease but it will not compare to the the riches you will recieve in Heaven.For we all must die sometime and life is so fast anyway.Keep fighting and have faith in the Lord and he will provide you with all the riches you need.You people may not know it but your all Angels.You take in the sick or poss. sick and provide them with hope and knowledge and open up your heart.Believe me it's hard to find that in the world today.The Lord will not forget that.I know a some of you are down but at least you have hope.Over 4,000 of are soldiers are dead and most only in there 20's.Children getting kidnapped raped or killed or die in accidents everyday and they don't even get a chance to make it as long as us.So lets all be thankfull were here.The disease can take the body but not the mind and the soul.The soul lives forever.My mom also has problems.The neuro's still havent figured out what she has (possible MS).She has to take medicine to keep her balance or she'll stumble all around the house.She has brain fog ,slurs sometimes ,etc.She has her good and bad days put she still moves forward not knowing her diagnosed.We have to remain strong.
God Bless you wonderful people!:grin:

Hi Bryant,

Welcome to the site and thanks for the blessings.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are not doctors , but there is a wealth of experience here.

Glen

Thanks Brian ,
Very well put. Sometimes when we get overwelmed we forget who is in charge of our destiny, we try to fix it right now but it has to be in God's time.I thank you for the reminder.
Sharon

Brian,

I agree, well said! I have always been a person who likes to help OTHER people. I dont' like anyone to have to help ME. That is something I am having to deal with right now. Everyone thinks just because I have been giving this diagnosed that I can't do anything anymore! I was in charge of our food pantry at church...a huge job. But, I laid it down due to everyone telling me it was too much for me. I cook for the whole church (around 300-400) with help of course, and I AM NOT laying that down till I absolutely have to! They will have to roll me out on a gurney before I stop that!

I also crochet for the Childrens hospital. I have an online crochet group on Yahoo (Project Hugs) and we do things for all kinds of people. I AM NOT laying that down till my hands won't work!

So, I guess I'm saying all that to say this....I AM NOT GOING TO LET THIS BEAT ME UNTIL I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ANYMORE! (most days, anyway! LOL)

deborah

bryant, glad life gave you a wake up call, and thanks for the encouraging words. tell your fiance' congrats from us!

so sorry I called you Brian....I knew it was Bryant! Brain freeze!
deborah

No prob. Deborah.Happens everyday.lol.Keep on going girl .Cooking and crocheting in the name of the Lord!You seem to be a very strong and great person!Your welcome Sharon .Take care!Thanks,also Glenn.I'll let you know if I need any advice.Which I will prob. need some soon...Take care brother.Paleisha thanks for the congrates.!Your wonderful people.Stay strong :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back