Not open for further replies.

dominick077

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
I’ve been dealing with health anxiety on and off for at least 20 years so i do know I have a propensity to obsess, over analyze when it comes to symptoms. I dealt specifically with als fears that started about three years ago when I noticed muscle fasciculations all over my body combined with perceived weakness in my arms. I was able to overcome the fear after a trip to a neuro who did basic strength and reflex tests and said I was fine. I’m three years into fascics and though they have slowed they are still there all over including ones that seems to occur right after movement of limbs. My pincher grasp in both hands now feels weak. I feel pain and muscle burn from over use when I’m doing fairly basic things like shaving, carving with a knife or even clipping nails. I can still do these things but my hands appear to tire and need rest before I can resume. I’m also having Terrible back pain that I think is either occurring because of rigid tight hamstrings or is causing them because I have hamstring tightness all the time. I recently have consipation like stools all the time though I’m going daily. I can’t walk even a mile without debilitating back pain and pain in ankles and shins. My jaw tires when I eat certain things, l like a salad or nuts where I get muscle burning like you feel with overuse in the jaw. I already described that I get the same thing with my hands when doing things like carving, shaving etc. It certainly feels like muscle weakness to me though with rest and restart I can still perform the tasks.

Hi Dominick
Definitely still not anything like ALS.
Pease go back and get examined by a doctor and put your fears back to rest. You know this, so let a doctor reassure you again with an exam.
ALS is a disease that starts in the brain, it does not cause muscle tiredness during use, nor cause pain and burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back