Diagnosis
08/2019
Country
US
State
OH
City
Perrysburg
I just returned from a Hall and Oats 1985 concert and it was great and it was relaxing. To get there is simple, go to YouTube on the tv find the concert you want, turn on your amp and subwoofer and your on your way. Tonight going to see The Bee Gees in 1976, tomorrow Rolling Stones in 1975, the list is almost endless and time traveling is great.

I often get lost in YouTube. There is just so much to see. I like to listen to bands I've seen in person.....usually during the 70s and 80s.

Hey Bill a great time to travel to is that Concert in Central Park by Simon and Garfunkel.
Youtube is my favourite form of transport too!

I'm a You Tube back in time music surfer too.

Just finished listening to "Shop Around" by the Miracles.

I didn't do a very good job at that. :)

Last night I started watching some videos of Dion and the Belmont’s, Buddy Holly and groups from the Motown Sound and before I new it I was in 1965 setting behind the wheel of my 55 Chevy with my girl setting next to me cruising thru Mc Donald’s, White Hut and the Big Boy with in the still of the night blasting out of my radio, showing off my 55 Chevy and my girl. 😀

Bill, I listen to a lot of the old artists of Rock n Roll. I went to a concert of old Rock stars, (Joey Dee
and the Starlighters,, The Sherilles, Chuck Berry, Dion and the Belmonts. a few others but the last one
was Bo Diddly. Years ago at Tampa Stadium after it first opened for the new team... the Bucs.

The stage went black, a single light came on on the mic stand. Bo came walking out and said,
"I'm Bo Diddly" the crowd went wild.

In the music industry they know Bo Diddly changed rhythm guitar for rock n roll for the next
50 years. It's hard to understand but here it is....
It’s a simple (to rhythm players), syncopated 3-over-2 clave rhythm played in a 4/4 time.

I knew one of the lead singers for the Belmonts after Dion left, Dan Elliot who just recently passed
away. In 1974, Dan Elliott joined the group replacing Frank Lyndon as lead singer.
Good ol Do Wop tunes. :) Yep, time travel with real memories.

Last edited:
I'm a You Tube back in time music surfer too.

Just finished listening to "Shop Around" by the Miracles.

I didn't do a very good job at that. :)
Don't worry, Al. I did enough of that for both of us 😂

Kim, my excuse is I'm a product of the 60s having saying "I do" a few times. No pride or boast.

On my post above concerning Bo Diddly. Maybe a much simpler explanation....

"three strokes, pause, then two strokes and sometimes the last of the two strokes was an
up stroke in 4 - 4 time.. I'm not a guitar player... maybe somebody who does can help me. :)

Anywhooo.... back to time travel. Guess i wandered this off. Sorry.

Kim, my excuse is I'm a product of the 60s having saying "I do" a few times. No pride or boast.

On my post above concerning Bo Diddly. Maybe a much simpler explanation....

"three strokes, pause, then two strokes and sometimes the last of the two strokes was an
up stroke in 4 - 4 time.. I'm not a guitar player... maybe somebody who does can help me. :)

Anywhooo.... back to time travel. Guess i wandered this off. Sorry.
Bill, I listen to a lot of the old artists of Rock n Roll. I went to a concert of old Rock stars, (Joey Dee
and the Starlighters,, The Sherilles, Chuck Berry, Dion and the Belmonts. a few others but the last one
was Bo Diddly. Years ago at Tampa Stadium after it first opened for the new team... the Bucs.

The stage went black, a single light came on on the mic stand. Bo came walking out and said,

In the music industry they know Bo Diddly changed rhythm guitar for rock n roll for the next
It’s a simple (to rhythm players), syncopated 3-over-2 clave rhythm played in a 4/4 time.

I knew one of the lead singers for the Belmonts after Dion left, Dan Elliot who just recently passed
away. In 1974, Dan Elliott joined the group replacing Frank Lyndon as lead singer.

FAR OUT 😄

yeah, finished work, stopped by here, and now I'm Bo Diddly-ing happily. What a great place to go at the end of a day! thanks all

Maybe to wrap up the story of Bo Diddly and move on to other topics.

All of these greats have said Bo Diddly was an influence... The rolling Stones, the Beatles,
Bruce Springsteen and others. Not to start controversy.... before Bo died he said he was
no fan of rap music. He dissed it.

I only wish back when when Bo Diddly walked out onto that stage with a single light
shinning on the mic stand and he walked up and just said, "I'm Bo Diidly" and the
crowd went wild.... I wish I had one of today's phones to record it back then.

Young people today (and us older folks who still go to concerts) are so so lucky to have
the technology (our phones) to record our memories forever. I did record my last
Willie Nelson concert and I've down loaded it. How I wish years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back