time to talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Marlo. I am sorry for all your troubles. Hope you can find a moment's peace while all this id going on and I hope things improve soon for your loved ones!

Hi Marlo,
Sorry about your misfortunes, but have faith things will get better for your family and yourself.

Ellisa

Al said:
Hi Marlo. I hope things turn the other way for you soon. Just keep telling yourself tomorrow is another day and it'll get better. It's not easy especially when you have as many things going on as you do but with your faith you will get through it. AL.

Hi Al,
Thanks for the encouraging words. For some reason,, my family is being hit real hard this year with health problems. My brother is still under going more tests,, due to his fall. He passes out everytime he looks up or looks to the right. The doctors are now talking about giving him an EMG test. Do you know if that test is used for diagnosing other things besides ALS, and carpultunnel ? Wouldn't that be something for him and myself to have this disease.? My sister just called today ,, to say,, that they took her husband into the hospital,, this morning. I'm not sure what all they found out yet. But he is schedule for surgery Dec. 1 st. I think their leaning toward kidney stones or something like that. This string of bad luck can't last forever.

Well you all take care,, and have a great Thanksgiving.

Love and Prayers
Marlo

Hi Marlo. Sounds like they are looking for a compressed disc or pinched nerve. A muscle could be pinching the nerve. Passing out is not one of the generally known symptoms of ALS. Now some might pass out when they get the diagnosis but not by looking up. AL.

ms. illini

ms. illini -

What's on for Thanksgiving with you and your folks?

Liz

Al said:
Hi Marlo. Sounds like they are looking for a compressed disc or pinched nerve. A muscle could be pinching the nerve. Passing out is not one of the generally known symptoms of ALS. Now some might pass out when they get the diagnosis but not by looking up. AL.

Thanks Al, I'll let ya know what the doctors find out about my brother. Just in case they do come up with a new symptom in some people for this disease. Hope your Thanksgiving was good.

Marlo

Hi Marlo,
I hope they find out what is causing this and it's not related to ALS.
Years ago I had a symptom that no doctor could figure out. If I coughed, I'd pass out. They put me in the hospital and the doctors were showing me to all the Interns because they could not figure it out. The neurologist came in and said you cannot be passing out when you cough. Here stand on the side of the bed and cough for me, bang, down I went like I had been shot. He thought I was faking so he did the rub your sternum real hard to cause pain "test" and I did not move. So then he begain to scream at the nurses and me, quick get a crash cart.
I had told him I always am out for about 2 minutes when it happens, and did not breath, or anything. When I came to I said, see what I mean? He turned around left the room and never came back.
They never did figure out what caused it, but named it cough syncopahny, or something like that. Anyway it went away on it's own over time?

God Bless
Capt. AL

liz said:
ms. illini -

What's on for Thanksgiving with you and your folks?

Liz
We have days and days of family ,friends eats and drinks! Started Tus. night last until Sunday! What up with You?

ms. illini -

We had a dinner here at our house yesterday with some of my husband's family and we'll have another at his sister's on Saturday for the rest who couldn't make Thursday plus the whole Thursday crowd again because we love a good party. Today I actually partook of some of the Black Friday shopping action so now I'm limping and wishing I had better sense. :-D Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Liz

Hi Liz-how are the legs doing this morning? Are you back at work? Hope you are all rested up! Regards, Cindy

Hi Cindy -

Yep, I'm back to work. The legs are just a bit stiff. I'm going to have to pace myself through the holidays. I hate to make concessions but I guess I'd better get used to it.

Got myself into a bit of a funk at a family dinner on Saturday. All the holiday cheer was a bit much for me that day. I couldn't stop thinking about more difficult days to come and then me being gone. Felt very jealous of those who will get to be with my kids as they grow up. :cry: Not one of my better days - I guess we're entitled to a few of these.

Liz

Hey Liz if we didn't have a pity party once in a while we wouldn't be human. Right? There are good days and bad days. As long as there are more good than bad then we are still winning. Have a good one today. AL.

Thanks Al -

That felt like a hug.

Liz

MtPockets said:
Hi Marlo,
I hope they find out what is causing this and it's not related to ALS.
Years ago I had a symptom that no doctor could figure out. If I coughed, I'd pass out. They put me in the hospital and the doctors were showing me to all the Interns because they could not figure it out. The neurologist came in and said you cannot be passing out when you cough. Here stand on the side of the bed and cough for me, bang, down I went like I had been shot. He thought I was faking so he did the rub your sternum real hard to cause pain "test" and I did not move. So then he begain to scream at the nurses and me, quick get a crash cart.
I had told him I always am out for about 2 minutes when it happens, and did not breath, or anything. When I came to I said, see what I mean? He turned around left the room and never came back.
They never did figure out what caused it, but named it cough syncopahny, or something like that. Anyway it went away on it's own over time?

God Bless
Capt. AL

Thanks MTPockets,

That just sounds so weird, how they just let ya go home,, without figuring out anything. I'm glad it finally went away on it's own,, but sure does make ya wonder what caused it,, huh? God forbid you have to cough while crossing a busy street or something. Or turn your head to look for cars. We are waiting on the MRI results, so i am hopeful that they will give the doctors some better insight as to what his problem is. And i too am hoping it has nothig to do with ALS. One of us in the family with it is,, quite enough.
Take care,, and have a good day.

Love and Prayers
Marlo

It was Liz. More today if you need them. AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back