Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to retire at the age of 41, two years after being diagnosed. Who knows maybe one day I can come out of retirement. That's what I'm gunning for.

Al, sorry to hear you were only 39 at diagnosis. Hope your retirement is working out.

I've enjoyed taking and picking up my daughter from school, been going out to dinner more, trying not to think of ALS limitations and enjoying NFL football season.

I envy you the ability to retire. Financially we can't but I'm not at all sure that I would if I could.

I'm taking the philosophy that this is such a stinker or a disease, such an unwelcome guest so to speak, that I'm not going to waste a productive minute on it.

for me, there was no choice. never wanted to retire but my job was considered dangerous enough without limitations so when i started falling down the company and doctors said off you go.

This week I started to work from home FT, I am a software development manager, so mostly write emails and have conference calls, so I will ride this out as long as I can before I call it quits. I am only 42 (will be 43 next week), but with 2 small kids get best of both worlds now, spend more time with family and still working and getting paid.

Yep that stubbornness is with me also.
You will enjoy the new phone...take a look at the tablets too

I'm 47 and was at the peak of my professional carreer when I decided to retire. I was very good at my job as a engineering manager. I also had to retire after 11 years as a volunteer firefighter. Luckily the VA and my companies STD plans are helping out with financials and benifits. I am strugling with keeping myself busy during the week. I have 2 kids in elementary and wife works part time so I do fill some time with them.

I am glad to be rid of the work stress and 12 hr work days. Good luck with retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back