TIME MAGAZINE NAMES "First Neurons Created from ALS Patients" as MILESTONE #1 MEDICAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link wouldn't work for me.

AL.

I got an error page when I clicked on the link, but it gives you a search option. I typed in ALS patients and the article came up.

That is so great. Obviously, there is a lot more awareness out there than we may think. And the awareness is where it counts ... in researchers.

Do you all feel we're on the brink ? I sure do. It may not happen in my lifetime, but for younger members of this forum, this has got to be a hope you can hang on to ... they're really working at finding a cure.

Thanks for this post!

Well I've had hope for 5 years now. Still hanging on. Maybe in the next 5 years.

AL.

That is so great. Obviously, there is a lot more awareness out there than we may think. And the awareness is where it counts ... in researchers.

Do you all feel we're on the brink ? I sure do. It may not happen in my lifetime, but for younger members of this forum, this has got to be a hope you can hang on to ... they're really working at finding a cure.

Thanks for this post!

We spent an evening with friends on Saturday and one of the people there was head of a UK university which does research....he said that whilst he was interveiwing someone for a post, he had to tell the candidate, that due to the trouble we get in england with people opposing experiments on animals, they would not be able to do experiments on animals...to which the candidate replied...that is no problem, we have links with people overseas..( I think the implication was it was china or india) where we can do all of the experiments we need. This guy said that there is a lot of stuff going on ...underground... and he seemed to think that breakthroughs would not be long in coming...he is particularly interested in medical research as his daughter died at age 21 with systic fibrosis. There was also an article in one of englands most respected newspapers about a Dr Geeta Shroff...just google her. She is using embryonic stem cells for treatment...although the medical profession have huge issues about what she is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back