Diagnosis
10/2007
Country
AUS
State
queensland
City
cairns
Hi everyone I know this might be a silly question but what has been the general time frame in losing your mobility I keep looking for signs and I thinks I'm making myself extremely anxious

Hi jene, I may be wrong, but I'd say Als progression affects Pals differently.

Irma

Hi Jene,
I think this disease affects everyone different, I have noticed that when my husband fell (twice) every time things progressed faster, I don't know if this is a factor or not...Other pals may have more insight.
Annette

From other members posts & my own journey It seems eneryone's progression is different. A post months ago from a member in Calif. ( ladave I think ) said he had diagnosis for 7 years & he still dances. I ? if a 1st symptom was fatigue of arms & hands when applauding at concerts---it was odd. That was quite a bit b4 falling. My progression seems to vary. Hope this helps.

kathy
ky.

Basically, the disease affects everybody in similar ways but progression tends to be unique. THat's what I've heard...Cindy

jene

Hi Jene, i can attest to what i have experienced.... My left foot has "foot drop" and my left wrist/hand does. I have had it for almost a year and only now am i experiencing problems with it... Like tripping every now and then, and not being able to stand on my tiptoes... I went to do a big strectch the other day and my left ankle gave out and twisted underneath me, ironically it did not hurt and i caught my balance.... Sometimes i wobble or start to fall on that side but catch myself. But i still use my arm and leg and i can dance somewhat and all that normal stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back