Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim finished his last IV antibiotic this morning so I discontinued his IV line. His abdomen was extremely bloated this morning, as were his hands and feet. He wanted to go onto the toilet as soon as he got out of bed, and he passed a ton of gas. I am sure that it is because the antibiotics have knocked out his good bowel bacteria, but I can take care of that. After breakfast which was his normal smoothie through his tube, he enjoyed his cup of coffee, then off to the BR again, and this time he had his first BM in 4 days. It was foul, but better out than in. He started to really start to look and feel more himself after that, and his appetite has returned. I am a bit nervous about his feed setting off his gallbladder again, but I am giving him all the herbal teas that are recommended for his liver and gallbladder and keeping my fingers crossed. I was glad that he wasn't constipated from all the narcotics, but I made sure there was as much fibre that his feeding tube would tolerate, and prune juice to get things moving. He said he feels pretty wrung out, and his voice quality has really deteriorated, but he says he feels 2000 times better and more appreciative of when he is feeling good.
His urine out put is back to normal, so I am hoping that his puffiness will decrease now.
I do know that things are getting back to normal as he has my son changing out one of the hard drives on his computer and swapping out a couple of SATA cables. My son also levelled both my pocket doors for me, and has been fixing things throughout the house. My daughter-in-law completely cleaned the house and organized as well while I was doing Tim's morning care. It is so nice to have them here, and wish that they could find work here so that they could live closer. They are talking about trying for a baby in February, which I think they are finally ready for. I am tired but happy. Thanks for all the support and prayer.

Paulette

Paulette, Tim is so fortunate to have you. I marvel at your ability to know what to do for all these situations. Happy things are looking better.

Hi Paulette, so sorry to see you and Tim have been having a rough time of it. Tim is so blessed to have you taking care of him. Being able to take him home and know what to do with all those supplies is amazing! It is so lovely that your son and his wife are coming for a visit. Thinking of you all and hoping your weekend goes well.

We have had a very productive Friday and Saturday, with my son fixing everything in site, and even digging holes for those 12 large plants I never got in the ground. My daughter-in-law has kept the house looking amazing, and helped me put the plants in the holes. Sadly Tim started to feel absolutely exhausted by 8pm which is not like him, and is running a fever again. He has been tolerating his tube feeds, taking lots of liquids, and denies any pain at all, so I can figure it out. I gave him a really a shower this morning and cut his hair, and my son helped me dress him fully in his clothes instead of just a t-shirt and blanket. He sat in the sun and watched us while we did the planting, giving the odd instruction.
This whole thing has made me realize how quickly things can go south, and unprepared I am to lose him.
Paulette

Oh Paulette, we have so little control really don't we?

In my few years online with PALS and CALS it is one of the few patterns I've seen. Things can indeed go south very quickly and we are never prepared.

Sending you lots of love as you do all you can for your amazing man Tim. Please tell him that we are in awe of him through your amazing accounts of the way he has faced this monster.

I'm still hoping you can get on top of whatever is going on.

Paulette - I am in awe of you, how you love and care for Tim, your knowledge, and your humor. I'd say Tim is lucky to have you but it seems you are lucky to have one another....a love shared.

Mary

Paulette, it sounds like a lovely family weekend. I so hope that Tim continues to rally and you have many, many more.

Paulette, my prayers are with you in all of this. Know that you are supported in prayer by your church family, your friends, and your alsforums family, too. Try not to think about "when the time comes" and whether or not you will be prepared. Think about today, "for today has enough troubles of its own." As hard as it will be, you will have the grace you need in that darkest of hours. Enjoy your beloved today. He's so blessed to have you care for him, as his wife who loves him to pieces, and his own private nurse! When I read your posts, I am touched by the strength and grace you have day by day. Peace be with you.
- Charlene

Praying for you Paulette and Tim. Hugs, Kim

Tim had a very bad night with fever and hallucinations. I started out with a chair by his bed holding his hand so that when he woke up he would see me, but after 1 ½ hour my back started to ache. I tried putting a couple of pillows on his bed rail to lean on but then my neck started to get stuck in that position. Then I decided that since he was only turning to the right and onto his back it would be alright to leave the left bed rail down, and move my bed beside his. That way I could hold his hand, and didn't have to get up to pull his blanket up or off as his temperature changed. We didn't go to church obviously, but our best friends came after to check on us, and told us that the pastor had prayed for us by name in church. The kids had to leave early in the morning so that they could get home in time for my son to play on the worship team that evening. Django was so upset that he cried at the door, and when I let him out I thought he might try and chase after them.
One of the doctors that go to our church also came over to check on us, and did say that the cleanse for the gallbladder was an acceptable treatment for Tim's bladder, so much so that one of the surgeons gives the recipe out for patients to try before surgery. He said that if Tim continued to have bouts of fever I should take him into the hospital for blood cultures. He did think that it was a possibility that the liver cleanse that I was giving Tim might be pulling some toxins out and making him feel bad while they were coming out. Everything I am using is natural and very healthy, live burdock, and nettle tea, dandelion root tea, grapefruit juice and bitter vegetables. When Tim is feeling a lot better, I will try the gallbladder cleanse on myself, as I have sludge in my gallbladder as well, and if it isn't too harsh I will give it to Tim. He also had another very large foul BM this afternoon so I do believe that there is toxins coming out of his liver. I have always believed that we should try to treat illnesses with natural remedies if we can, including allowing the body to have a fever as long as the person is able to take in enough fluids not to dehydrate. Our community has a very large organic farmers market once a week and one of the large grocery store caters to organic and non-gmo foods, as well as has a full line of food for gluten free diets. Tim is again hot tonight, but feeling slightly less distressed by it, and was very happy that I have already moved my bed next to him for the night. Thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts. God bless you all.

Paulette

Paulette, the love you and tim share was shining through in your latest post. You were so meant to be together.
I pray he feels better once the cleansing does it's job.
God bless you both, Janelle x

Hugs to you Paulette. Hope this morning is good to you both.

Big hugs Paulette xxx

Thinking about you both, Paulette.

Paulette, thinking of you tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back